Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting

The other day I was craving blondies and peanut butter at the same time.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

It often happens that I get dual cravings, and in this case it was easy to satisfy both with these incredible tasty blondies.  To amp up the peanut butter flavor, and because I like a frosted blondie, I whipped up a very quick peanut butter frosting.  The blondies were nice alone, but with the frosting they are something special and would make a perfect after-school snack or home baked gift.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

What I like best about these blondies is how the cinnamon plays off the nutty peanut butter.  The cinnamon is not overpowering, but instead adds a very nice subtle note that keeps the flavor from falling flat.  If you like peanut butter you should give these a whirl.  You won’t be sorry!

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting     Yield 18 bars

1 tablespoon golden syrup, or corn syrup

For the frosting:
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk

Heat the oven to 350 F and spray an 8×8 square cake pan with non-stick spray.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

In a large bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, and golden syrup.  Add the egg and whisk until well combined.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until no flour remains.  Pour into the prepared pan and spread to the edges.  The batter is very thick.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.

While the blondies cool prepare the frosting.  In a small bowl combine the butter and peanut butter until smooth and well blended.  Add the powdered sugar and the milk, one tablespoon at a time as needed, and whisk until smooth.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

Turn the blondies out of the pan and frost.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting”

1. Yum! These look absolutely amazing. I think my family would love them since they are all peanut butter fanatics. Great recipe!

2. did these come out chewy or cakey? my bf loves pb, so i wanted to try this out. my kitchenaid is at my apartment, which i’m never at, so i love recipes that don’t need it! yay!

Jenn – These are chewy and very rich, and VERY easy to make by hand!

I think I could manage to eat a few of these:)

5. Paula says:

Yummmm love that frosting. I a sucker for peanut butter!

6. Yum yum!!! Save me a piece, would ya? I have some milk ready. I can forego my lunch and head straight to dessert.

7. They look super soft and moist! Almost cake-like. The cinnamon’s a perfect touch.

8. I just made blondies for the first time yesterday – with cranberries and pistachios for the holidays – and was amazed at how easy it was. Love the look of these – bookmarked!

9. lk says:

these look amazing, as always. the peanut butter and cinnamon sounds wonderful

10. I can’t wait to forward this to my friend. She loves blondies and loves peanut butter. I like the addition of cinnamon as well.

11. You had me at “cinnamon” – these are delish!

12. Lauren says:

I love blondies and I adore peanut butter, so this hybrid has my name written all over it! The addition of cinnamon sounds like the perfect finishing touch.

13. Nutmeg Nanny says:

I’m such a peanut butter lover. I’m sitting here right now and want these sooooooooo bad.

14. Joanne says:

I crave peanut butter approximately 100% of the time. These sound excellent! Cinnamon raisin peanut butter is one of my favorite flavors and so I know I would love the cinnamon in these. GREAT idea.

15. Emma says:

They look sooooo good! I love peanut butter, can’t live without it! Got to try this recipe out one day :)

16. Natalie says:

Yes Yes these look great! Even the frosting recipe sounds perfect on it’s own! And you used golden syrup, I love it! I have a huge bottle needing to be used.

17. Brad says:

Thanks for the great peanut butter recipe, it sounds delish.

18. Devon says:

Back 20 years ago, when I was a Girl Scout, we made something like this and I haven’t been able to find the recipe since. Thanks for the flashback.

19. Alexandra says:

I just died. These look way too freakin’ good to be true. I demand you send me proof of said existence… Please? :]

20. ingrid says:

While I’m not a huge fan of PB I am of blondies and cinnamon. These sound intriguing. Thank you for sharing!
    ~ingrid

21. Peanut butter frosting… never tried it, but think I have to now!

22. Taste Fan says:

I made this as a Christmas Day dessert and it was sooooo yummy! the family loved it.

I thought she was joking when she said the batter is thick. It is so far the thickest batter I’ve handled

23. Jodi says:

Just baked these today, but added 3 strips of crumbled bacon to the batter. Also, I desired a slightly stronger peanut butter flavor in the frosting, so I added another glob (about 1/2 tbsp) more peanut butter, and it was just right. Very good. Will someday make them without the bacon!

24. shevy says:

i finally got around to baking these and they are amazing!
    thanks for the great recipe.

25. amyjogo says:

I’ve had something similar before and they are so good sprinkled with a few roasted and salted peanuts on top. The sweet/salty combination just puts it over the top!

26. Tricia says:

Thanks for this recipe- I made these with some of my girl friends and they were a hit!

27. Emily W says:

YUM! I made them with white sugar (out of brown) and they still turned out delish! not as sweet, but just about right.

1. Tweets that mention Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - December 14, 2009

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans, Evil Shenanigans. Evil Shenanigans said: Fresh Shenanigans! Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting! http://bit.ly/75yy6a [...]

2. uberVU - social comments - December 14, 2009

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting: The other day I was craving blondies and peanut butter… http://bit.ly/4QG0zZ

3. Peanut Butter-Cinnamon Frosted Blondies « The Innocent Primate Vegan Blog - December 16, 2009

[...] veganized this recipe from Evil Shenanigans – a fellow Foodbuzz foodie friend – and it is simply delicious! Jo gave us her classic [...]

4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog - May 28, 2010

[...] chips.  The glaze, which I added on a whim, is a thinned out version of the frosting I used on my Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies.  Need an easy dessert for a party, or want a tasty treat for the weekend?  Give this a [...]

5. Blame it On the B-b-b-b-blondie | Seattle Lunchbox - October 14, 2010

[...] Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting (Recipe from Evil Shenanigans) [...]