Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wed, Jan 20, 2010

Baking, Cookies, Featured Articles, Recipes

I love old family recipes.  I also love cookies.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom makes some pretty fantastic oatmeal cookies.  They are my grandmother’s recipe, handed down on a butter stained note card, and they are lovely.  Crisp throughout with a hint of cinnamon and a lovely nubby texture makes them instantly craveable.  They are mom’s go-to cookie and the most frequent dessert offering at her house.  In fact, there is almost always a batch of them in the cookie jar.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I used the recipe for the crisp oatmeal cookies as the base for these cookies.  I was looking for a peanut butter oatmeal cookie with a little crunch.   I had some extra chocolate chips and decided their addition would not go amiss.  The result is a crisp cookie with the right balance of oats, peanut butter, and chocolate.  They keep for up to five days in a sealed container on the counter making them perfect for your cookie jar!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies     Yield 5 dozen

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both the sugars on medium-low speed until well mixed but not light and fluffy.  Add the peanut butter and mix until well blended.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.

In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.  Whisk until well combined.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the mixer and, on low speed, mix until most of the dry ingredients are combined.  Add the oats and chips and mix them in on low speed, or by hand.

Scoop the cookies on to the prepared pan by rounded tablespoons.  Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned and puffed.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”

1. YUM! Pretty much my most favorite cookie ever with every flavor that I love!

Mmmm! This cookie has it ALL!

3. What a delicious combination! Yum is right!

4. Looks very yummy, something my entire family might enjoy.

5. Nastassia says:

Those cookies look fantastic! What beautiful pictures! Sounds like the perfect cookie with a bit of everything delicous in them, can’t wait to make them =)

6. Yum Yucky says:

OH! And I bet they’re soft and chewy and delicious and and and…..I’d need at least 5 for starters.

7. Katy says:

These cookies are gorgeous. I love any recipe that features the best of all cookies! I want one with my lunch. Yum.

8. wow! these look so moist and tasty. oatmeal gives cookies such a nice texture and the flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter is more or less unbeatable. i’m going to have to add these to our cookie repertoire :)

9. Oh, I couldn’t wait for you to post this recipe! I just may have to make them tonight. They sound (and look) delicious!!

10. justcooknyc says:

most of my favorite things in one cookie… nice

11. Eliana says:

AMAZING – this is like my 3 favorite cookies rolled into one. Can’t wait to try this recipe for myself. It’s a definite keeper.

12. Three things I love in a cookie. Oatmeal, PB and chocolate. I’m hoping you’ve got some left. Perfect snack or dessert.

13. Hungry Jenny says:

Wow, I don’t know how I’ve never come across your blog before, I love it! Your photos are beautiful and have bookmarked for regularly reading :-)

Hungry Jenny x

14. Mandy says:

The perfect cookie, I say! Thanks for sharing.

15. I love cooking from a hand written recipe. It brings an extra sense of warmth.

16. Kurdistan says:

i think kids will fall in love with this cookies cant wait to try this resipe

17. These just got a “oooo…those look so good!” from my son! ;)

Oh my, you are tempting my sweet tooth. These sound so good. Must…resist…

19. Elle says:

Wow, I seriously need these! Why have I never thought of crossing two of my favorite cookies?! Genius!

20. Catherine says:

They look stupendously sublime; thank you for sharing! :)

21. Devon says:

Some people like the soft chewy oatmeal cookies, but I’m not one of them. Crispy oatmeal are the way to go; nice to know we’re on the same team.

22. Megan says:

Wow, I stumbled onto your site looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe-and wow did I fall into the right one. I am going to try this recipe this weekend. Thanks!

23. Mrs B says:

I made these and they are great! I love how they taste. I would like mine to spread out more. They didn’t turn out as flat as yours even though I followed the recipe exactly.

What do you suggest?

I just made these today, and they are fantastic! I will definitely be linking to this on my blog. Thanks for a great recipe! Looking forward to checking out more of your blog ;-)

25. diana gonzalez says:

i made these cookies ,doubled the recipe and they are all gone!! getting started on another double batch!

1. uberVU - social comments - January 20, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Mornin’ Tweeps!! Who wants cookies?? http://bit.ly/821pPS Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip…

2. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Evil Shenanigans | Happy Happy Joy Joy - January 21, 2010

[...] Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Evil Shenanigans January 20, 2010 · Posted in Desserts  Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for great food updates.tweetcount_url='http://www.happyhappyjoyjoy.net/2010/01/oatmeal-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-evil-shenanigans/';tweetcount_title='Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Evil Shenanigans';tweetcount_short_url='http://bit.ly/8U5luS';tweetcount_cnt=0;tweetcount_src='RT @Happyjoyjoyblog';tweetcount_via=false;tweetcount_links=true;tweetcount_size='small';tweetcount_background='FFFFFF';tweetcount_border='3399CC';tweetcount_text='000000';tweetcount_api_key='R_7318c95daaa0f3fbd66ada188597555b'; Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Evil Shenanigans – Baking & Cooking Blog. [...]

3. My great blog discovery! « Much Ado About Lisa - February 8, 2010

[...] Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies [...]

4. Vices! « nickispring - March 14, 2012

[...] an addiction to facebook, shopping. I am addicted to peanut butter. From the jar, on toast,  in a cookie, in a pie, on a pretzel, cheesecake…not sure why, I used to hate it, but I practically have [...]