Pecan Tassies (aka Pecan Pie Cookies)

Wed, Dec 23, 2009

Baking, Cookies, Featured Articles, Recipes

I have a love affair with little pie shaped cookies.

PEcan Tassies

This time it is cookies that are in fact tiny pecan pies!  I adore them, with their little nubbly tops and their gooey centers.  These are lovely for dessert with a cup of coffee, make a lovely gift wrapped in a pretty bag, or are perfect for a dressed up gathering drizzled in a little dark chocolate.  They also freeze very well making them a great make-ahead cookie.

PEcan Tassies

I used Golden Syrup in the filling, but if you can’t find it you can just as easily use corn syrup.  The Golden Syrup gives the filling a nice round flavor, and a buttery finish that corn syrup can’t match.

Pecan Tassies   Yield 30

1/3 cup golden syrup, or corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon flour
1 egg

Heat the oven to 350 F

PEcan Tassies PEcan Tassies

In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, cream cheese, and cinnamon.  Pulse until the mixture forms a shaggy dough.  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.

In a medium bowl combine the butter, sugar, golden syrup, vanilla, flour, and egg until well mixed.

PEcan Tassies

Divide the dough into 30 even pieces.  Press the dough into the cups of a mini-muffin tin using your fingers, or a dough tamper.  Divide the pecans amongst the cups and then top with the filling until it nearly reaches the top of the cup, about two teaspoons.

PEcan Tassies

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed all over and golden brown.  Allow to cool in the pan for ten minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

PEcan Tassies

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Pecan Tassies (aka Pecan Pie Cookies)”

1. Emily says:

This almost looks too good to eat! (almost!!)

:-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2. I remember having something similar once. I couldn’t stop eating them. i don’t i’d be able to stop eating these, too. I do love me some good pecan pie.

3. lk says:

so cute!!I love making cookies in my mini muffin pan, and these tiny pecan pies look so fun!

4. LOL – my mom made these for years (and I would inhale them) but I never knew that they were called Tassies. Mom called them pecan cups.

5. Sook says:

I always mean to make these little bite sweets but still haven’t. These look so wonderful and love pecans so will have to try it soon.

6. Daily Spud says:

I made pecan tassies for the first time last year and absolutely loved them. You’ve just reminded me that I should make them again :)

7. kristen says:

Great treat to bring to holiday parties! Yum :)

8. Yum… beautiful cookies! Hope you had a merry Christmas!

9. Very cute! And who can refuse a mini pecan pie :)?

10. Great minds think alike! We posted the same recipe! Yours look great!

11. I am getting hungry already! Yummy

12. Mrs. L says:

My Mom loves pecan pie but a whole pie would be too much for her. I love the thought of making these for her instead (and of course me too).

1. Tweets that mention Pecan Tassies (aka Pecan Pie Cookies) | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - December 23, 2009

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans, Evil Shenanigans. Evil Shenanigans said: Pecan Tassies (aka Pecan Pie Cookies): I have a love affair with little pie shaped cookies. This time it is cookie… http://bit.ly/4WifLv [...]

2. uberVU - social comments - December 24, 2009

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Pecan Tassies (aka Pecan Pie Cookies): I have a love affair with little pie shaped cookies.

This time it is cookie… http://bit.ly/4WifLv