Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

Before we get started with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies a couple of fun news items ….

2P1011181

First, as many of you know I am participating in an event sponsored by Electrolux in New York City to help raise awareness for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.  It is a fantastic organization and you can help by donating here.  Part of the event is a cake decorating competition.  We have been placed in groups and my group consists of Jessie from CakeSpy and Erika from In Erika’s Kitchen.  Erika was kind enough to do an interview with me which you can check out here.  Thanks Erika!  Looking forward to meeting you and Jessie in NYC!!

Second, I started my Cake Decorating class in culinary school and I have created a new gallery to show off what I am learning.  I will be adding photos of the cakes I make in class each week so check it out!

Now, let’s talk about brownies, shall we??

2P1011187

I love a moist, chewy brownie almost as much as I love a good cookie.  In fact, after cookies I love brownies best.  They are easy to transport, they are always popular, and they can be made in almost any flavor you can imagine.  This time I decided I needed some peanut butter in my deep, dark chocolate brownies, so I added some.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

The resulting brownie is perfectly moist and chewy with a nice, subtle, peanut butter flavor.  They are lovely as they are, but next time I make these (and I shall make them again … they are begging to be made again!) I will add some peanut butter chips to punch up the peanut butter flavor.  A peanut butter chocolate frosting would not go amiss here, either.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies      Yield 32 brownies

1 ounce unsalted butter
3 ounces creamy peanut butter
2 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
10 ounces light brown sugar
4 ounces golden syrup or corn syrup
2 ounces unsalted butter
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5.25 ounces cake flour
1 ounce Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 1/4 sheet pan with non-stick spray and a sheet of parchment that is also sprayed with non-stick spray.

P1011162 P1011166

In a small bowl combine the first addition of butter, peanut butter and chopped chocolate.  Over a double boiler, or in the microwave on 30 second bursts, melt the mixture until smooth.  Mix well then set aside to cool slightly.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies P1011169

In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter mixture, sugar, golden syrup, and the second addition of butter until creamy and well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

P1011170 P1011171P1011172

In a separate bowl sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder and salt.  Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until most of the flour is moist.  Add the chocolate chips and fold to combine and mix in the remaining flour.

P1011173P1011175

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until puffed and just set in the center.  Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a cutting board to cool completely.

2P1011180

Slice and enjoy!

2P1011189

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies”

1. Oh gosh these look amazing. I am craving chocolate so badly!

2. Sheena S. says:

It’s a fact that brownies are the best bar ever.

3. I WOULD have to look at this right after I eat my lunch when I am craving a little something sweet… Yum.

4. Cori says:

How did you know I was craving something new and chocolate and peanut butter today?! I shall make them today…

5. Bob says:

Ooooo, those looks awesome. I love peanut butter and chocolate.

6. Kat says:

These look delicious. And slightly sinful. :)

7. Yum! I was looking for the part in this post where you said that these brownies were a perfect food for the #10in10 challenge. Hehe… They look wonderful. I might have to make an exception for these. :)

8. Nothing beat the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Those brownies looks mouth watering right about now. I think it’s time for an early snack.

9. EVIL!!!! But oh, so good. These two need to get married, nothing goes better together. (found you through tastespotting!)

10. Kathy says:

My Evil friend – I think I missed something in the instructions. You melted some butter & peanut butter & chocolate together, but I didn’t see what you did with it after it cooled. ‘Cause these look like a definite keeper.

Kathy – Fixed! Oops! :)

I could really use one of these right now!

13. Jun Belen says:

WOW! I saw your photo and had to stop by. This is amazing!!

14. Laurel says:

I was just trying to decide what kind of brownies to make this weekend for a party. You got me. I must admit though that I immediately thought CHUNKY. I know I’m lazy but why PB chips when you can get peanuts instead?

15. Divina says:

Your brownies are very inviting.

16. Sarah says:

Can you give us the measurements in cups/teaspoons/tablespoons? These look amazing, I’d love to make them… thanks for the recipe!

Mmm, peanut butter brownies….brownies are one of my favorite treats. Doesn’t hurt that they’re easy to whip up, either. By the way, your cake decorating skills are great! Good job!

18. Eliana says:

These are textbook perfect brownies. BRAVO! And how exciting that you are coming to NYC (my hometown). Hope you allow some fun time after the event.

19. Okay, these brownies are insane. And if I hadn’t just scarfed down a burger and fries and felt like a balloon I would be running into the kitchen to make them. But soon, so soon.

Your cakes are gorgeous, by the way. And congrats on the trip to NYC! I’d love to be going but missed the deadline over the holidays, boo!

20. Drooling…seriously drooling! Can these make the trip to NYC? So jealous abut your cake decorating class!!! Don’t leave us in the dust, ok?

21. Brad says:

Thanks for the yummy recipe, chocolate and peanut butter are made for each other I think. I like the new gallery also!

Bridget – No worries! How about I teach you some things, too! I have to go slow still to do it all properly … :)

23. Joanne says:

I’m pretty sure that peanut butter makes just about everything better. Even things that can’t get that much better. Like brownies. Excellent idea!

Congrats on your cake-decorating class, I look forward to seeing your new skillz!

24. Lisa says:

I loved your golden syrup cookies and I am dying to try these brownies. Is there an easy way to convert this recipe to US measurements?

1. uberVU - social comments - January 27, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Fresh Shenanigans! Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies (and fun news!) http://bit.ly/av5UAL

2. Tweets that mention Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - January 28, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans, Evil Shenanigans, Jen Schall, Faye Kepner, leontinker and others. leontinker said: RT @bakingblog: Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies: Before we get started with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies  … http://bit.ly/dt5eMp […]

3. Friday Favorites – Episode 40 | my kitchen addiction - January 29, 2010

[…] you’re a fan of chewy, fudgy brownies like I am, you will be delighted to discover these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies from Evil Shenanigans. I’m thinking they’d be good with some Nutella in place of the peanut butter, too. […]