Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Lately my life has been going at the speed of ‘AHHHHHHHH!!!”

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

I work three part-time jobs, go to school two nights a week, I blog,I belly dance, and I have family obligations.  Any way you look at it, I keep really busy.  So, on those nights when I feel completely knackered this recipe makes it all better!  Not only can I get a home cooked meal on the table within 45 minutes, I can do it with minimal stress, mess or any tears.  That is always good!

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Aside from being easy to prepare, this is not a calorie buster, but it tastes like it is.  Let’s face it, comfort food is not exactly figure friendly.  This dish offers up warm, cheesy, crunchy, tangy comfort without a lot of the guilt.   You can use any tomato sauce you like in this recipe.  I happened to have some left over in the fridge, and it was lovely, but if it makes your life easier to use sauce from a jar or from another favorite recipe go right ahead.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan  Serves 2

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 egg white
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used this recipe), plus extra for coating the pasta
4 ounces uncooked pasta, any shape (I used cheese tortellini)

Heat the oven to 450 F and spray a foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/2″ thick.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

In a small bowl whisk the egg white until frothy.  In a second bowl add the panko bread crumbs and season with salt.  Dredge the chicken first in the egg white, letting the excess drip off, then coat in the panko mixture.  Let the chicken sit for ten minutes at room temperature so the crust can set.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken reads an internal temperature of 155 F.  Remove the chicken from  he oven and spread the tomato sauce on the top.  Next, add the cheeses and return to the oven for ten minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the chicken reads an internal temperature of at least 160 F.  Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest five minutes before serving.  While the chicken bakes cook the pasta according to the package directions in very salty water.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Serve with the pasta.

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan”

1. ovenhaven says:

For someone who doesn’t eat cheese, you’ve definitely got me pining for this. Gorgeous!

2. This look deeeeeeeeeelish! I love that it’s baked instead of fried!

3. Your pictures have me drooling. This looks like the best chicken parm I’ve ever seen.

4. This looks great! I have to say that I am actually starting to prefer baked dishes to deep fried. I guess my tastes are changing as I get older. Your version looks like something that both my husband and I would love, which is always a bonus.

5. Mhe-Lhanee Benito says:

Yummy, easy, no pretensions! that’s what I love about this recipe Thanks for sharing this!!

6. maria says:

My life is out of control too. I hope it slows down soon for both of us:) You continue to make amazing food though! You are a star!

7. Not kidding, all prepped and ready for assembly for dinner later. And personal kudos for being Evil Wonder Woman…seems you can do it all or at the very least you are evidence of making a most amazing effort!

8. I love chicken parmesan. Looks great!

9. julia says:

I love an easy healthy chicken parmesan recipe. It is one of our go to meals. But I haven’t used panko for it before, I will now! Great pics and recipe!

10. Michelle says:

My husband makes a similar dish and it is one of our favorites!

11. lululu says:

such a simple and delicious looking dish!
    i think it’s good for pork chops too, isnt it? cos i want to make this, but the only meat i have at home now is pork chops. :P

12. Ads says:

It’s Chicken Parmigiana. Not Parmesan. But good recipe. =D

13. Catherine says:

This looks sooooo good! I’ll be getting the chicken breasts out of the freezer shortly for this one…!

14. Yum Yucky says:

We ate takeout 4 nights last week. Because I suck at cooking and couldn’t think up anything to make.

I’m definitely making this.

Gorgeous photos of a yummy dish! Maybe I need to make a gluten-free version of this classic – pronto!

16. Panko crumbs are a saving grace if you don’t want to fry. Love using them!

17. Italian Cook says:

Hey , Ads…it’s either, depending on where you are. Some countries say parmigiana, some say parmesan.

18. This looks fab, I’ve added it to my todo file :)

19. Carol says:

Hey! I just want to say that this was my second meal I have ever cooked( better late than never) and thank you so much! Your recipe was easy to follow( thank you for the step by step pics!!!) and delicious, everyone was impressed!! I will def continue to look through your recipes!

20. Diavole says:

In Argentina this is called “Milanesa de pollo a la napolitana” (“Napolitan [it's not from Napoli] Chicken “milanesa”” [no real traslation though it wants to mean it is from Milano, which it isn't either]. It’s really common here, though the most regular version is with red meat.

1. Tweets that mention Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - March 26, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans and Evil Shenanigans, Evil Shenanigans. Evil Shenanigans said: Fresh Shenanigans – Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan – http://bit.ly/aNCagQ [...]

2. uberVU - social comments - March 27, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Fresh Shenanigans – Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan – http://bit.ly/aNCagQ

3. Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan | The Salty Kitchen - August 13, 2013