Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

I am ready for Spring.  Seriously ready.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

I am ready for warm weather, rain showers, and packing up the winter clothes.  With that in mind, I decided to treat myself to an early taste of Spring a few nights ago.  It was cold outside and I was feeling a little blue, but this salad perked me right up!  Just looking at it, with its cool greens and bright yellows, made me feel that I could hold out a few more weeks.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

What I like best about this salad is the dressing.  It is cool, light, tangy, and refreshing.  It has enough flavor to hold its own against the avocado and mango, but is not overpowering so that all you taste is dressing.   The light sweetness from the honey is the perfect contrast to the savoury grilled chicken.  If you are ready for Spring, like me, give this salad a whirl!

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad      Serves 2 – 4

1 mango, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.  Cover and chill for at least an hour.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

In a plastic bag combine the ponzu, lime juice, garlic, and sugar.  Add the chicken and allow to marinate at room temperature for thirty minutes.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

Once marinated, grill or broil the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.  Cover with foil and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing into 1/4″ strips.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

In a medium bowl combine the avocado, mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.  Mix well.

To serve place the lettuce on a place, then top with black beans and the avocado mango mixture.  Drizzle with dressing then top with some slice chicken.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad

20 Responses to “Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad”

I don’t eat chicken, but I will still make this for the hubs. I will just enjoy my portion chicken less. It is such a pretty salad and I bet the honey lime flavor is amazing!

2. This looks like a great salad… I’m ready for some grilling weather here!

3. Natalie says:

WOAH! As a fellow Texan, I know and totally dig these flavors! And these are ingredients I usually have on hand, I can’t wait to try this.

4. That looks so delish! Love the avocado in it…wish I had that for lunch!

5. Bob says:

Man, that looks much better than what I just had for lunch. Love the dressing.

6. Oh the salad looks fabulous! I love grilled chicken salad. yum!

7. lk says:

that salad looks great! I would kill for something grilled… ours is still burried under snow. :(

8. Chicken salads are one of my favs!! No matter what kind it is. I love that you have huge chunks of avocado in it.

This salad would perk me right up too! Yum!

10. lululu says:

i love the dressing a lot! and it goes perfectly with avacado and mango! looking at this salad, i think i’m even ready for summer!

11. Brad says:

Yum sounds like a great light dish for a sunny Spring day, thanks!

12. Ohhh, that dressing seals the deal! That tiny bit of sesame oil is a great idea. Perfect for fish too.

13. Lauren says:

What a gorgeous, bright, and healthy salad! Perfect for the coming warmer months.

14. What a nice touch of spring in this not-quite-spring weather… Great recipe!

15. Eliana says:

This salad has spring written all over it! Love the colors and textures.

16. Kevin says:

w that is one nice looking salad!

17. kathiey says:

Looks really good. I just made a honey dijon grilled chicken recipe that was very good & posted that to my blog. I like the idea of serving the chicken over a salad as you did. I will have to give your recipe a try.
    Thanks:-)

18. Carol says:

Can this be done without onion and mustard? As I hate both things???

1. Tropical Drink Receipes - March 3, 2010

[…] Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad | Evil Shenanigans – Baking & Cooking Blog […]

2. Two Peas & Their Pod » BBQ Chicken Salad - April 28, 2011

[…] Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salad from Evil Shenanigans BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad from What’s Cookin, Chicago? Grilled Chicken Salad with Red Pepper Sauce and Feta from We are Not Martha […]