Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

I love bundt cakes!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

I think it is the fact that they could go right out of the pan and need little more than a glaze, or a dusting of powdered sugar, to be ready to serve.  Growing up we used to have bundt cakes at most family gatherings.  At some point they fell out of favor with the members of my family.  Not, of course, that we would not eat one right up if you served it to us, but we never seemed to make them anymore. It is a real shame because aside from being pretty to look at they are, at least to me, sort of cool in a retro kind of way.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

So, I broke out the old bundt pan the other night in order to make a treat for my husband.  He has been working some long hours lately and on this particular night he had meetings until 9pm.  He loves peanut butter and chocolate, so I decided to whip up a chocolate bundt cake with peanut butter chips and a peanut butter glaze.  The cake is moist, but sturdy, and has the right amount of chocolate flavor so it compliments the peanut butter chips.  The glaze, which I added on a whim, is a thinned out version of the frosting I used on my Peanut Butter Cinnamon Blondies.  Need an easy dessert for a party, or want a tasty treat for the weekend?  Give this a try!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake     Serves 12

1 – 12 ounce bag peanut butter chips

For the glaze:
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 – 4 tablespoons milk, 2% or higher

Heat the oven to 350 F and spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt CakeChocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

In the bowl of a mixer cream the butter, vanilla and both sugars until very fluffy, about 3 minutes at medium speed.   Add the eggs, one at a time, and blend until they are just mixed.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk into the butter, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.  Add the peanut butter chips and mix until evenly distributed.  The batter will be thick.

2P1013600 2P1013601

Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top, making sure the batter is even.  Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the center of the cake springs back when gently pressed and a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.

Cool the cake in the pan for ten minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

While the cake cools prepare the glaze.

In a bowl whisk together the butter and peanut butter until well mixed.  Whisk in the powdered sugar and two tablespoons of the milk and whisk until smooth.  Add more milk, a few teaspoons at a time, until the glaze is pourable but still fairly thick.

2P1013602

Once the cake has cooled some, but still slightly warm, place a piece of parchment paper under the rack and pour the glaze over the top.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

Let the cake cool completely before serving.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake

Tags: , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake”

1. Cherine says:

This is mouthwatering!

2. I love bundt cakes too! And this one, in my favorite flavor combination-pb and choc- how can you go wrong with that?!?!

3. Michelle says:

Bundts are awesome. Love all the peanut butter chips studded throughout!

4. Veronica says:

I subscribed to your blog a month or two ago and I don’t know why I have never commented before (OK, I think I did once when I made your pita bread)! I love your blog so much, especially the beautiful pictures. You are so talented. This cake is just gorgeous!!!

5. Chef Dennis says:

what a great cake!! it looks sooooo delicious!! I would love a piece or two!!
    every time I think of Bundt cake, I remember my big fat Greek wedding where they couldn’t understand why the cake had a hole in it…

Cheers!

6. Your husband must have been really happy with your surprise treat. The very first photo above looks glorious.

7. Victoria says:

There’s quite possibly no flavor combination better than chocolate and peanut butter! Yum! And PS I love bundt cakes too :)

8. Ooo – I’m drooling!! This one I gotta try.

9. C and C Dish says:

okay…this looks just wonderful, one of my favorite flavor combos!

10. HoneyB says:

I love peanut butter also…..and chocolate! Looks scrumptious!

11. Brie says:

wow, that looks so moist and delicious!

12. This past winter I struggled and struggled with creating a dark chocolate bundtlet recipe which I’m still not satisfied with. Your recipe and direction have helped me rethink some things. Thank you!

13. The photos of this cake have been taunting me from Twitter and Facebook… It looks AMAZING. I can’t think of any flavor combo I love more than chocolate and peanut butter. Definitely a must-bake!

14. Doggone it…that hurt. That last picture made me bonk my head on my monitor…thought you were offering me a bite!

Favorite flavor combination since forever…and I have a very cool new bundt pan dying for a workout; thanks for a great recipe!

15. Crystal says:

This looks absolutely sinful! I’ll have to make it soon, my fiance and I are both big pb and chocolate fans.

16. Claudia says:

That photo of the sliced cake is just filled with peanut butter-chocolate goodness. So close – I could smell the aroma. Inhale it actually. Happily.

17. That cake is the epitome of everything that is good about desert.

(And chocolate and peanuts are a marriage made in heaven.)

Cheers!

18. Sheena S. says:

My goodness. A dream cake.

19. Looks delicious and seems quite simple to make!

20. Looks delicious and seems quite simple to make! I’ve also found that the bundt cake is not so much around anymore, but maybe it’ll make a comeback!

21. very sinful but im all up for it! thanks for sharing this. yum!

22. OMG! This looks so decadent and yummy!!

23. Simply Life says:

wow, that looks dangerously good! :)

24. Abby says:

I NEED to make this. NEED. For real.

25. Rachel says:

I just baked this last night and it’s a big ol’ hit with the co-workers! Any suggestions on making it a touch more moist? Also, your glaze looks a bit thicker than mine (but I got anxious and didn’t let the cake cool enough, oops!) and a smidge more delicious :)

26. Pam H. says:

Baked this last night during a spell of cooler weather…absolutely DELISH! My hubby says it reminds him of “Funny Bones” snack cakes.
    I will be linking to this post from my blog.
    This recipe is a keeper–thanks!

27. Sara says:

I made this and almost died. Fantastic. I had planned on taking it to work tomorrow but I don’t think I’m going to share . . .

28. Kristin says:

I just made this and tasted it. The sweetness of the glaze and the peanut butter chips balances the not-too-sweet dark chocolate cake. Great with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. If you’re a tea drinker, Darjeeling goes well with desserts.

29. Kris says:

Yummmm! Would it be over the top to add some bananas? I have some ripe ones in front of me and they are screaming to be used, but I can’t tear myself away from this recipe! If I were to add them in, how much and any other changes? Thanks!

1. Tweets that mention Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - May 28, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans, Daydreamer Desserts. Daydreamer Desserts said: Yum! RT @bakingblog Fresh Shenanigans – Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bundt Cake – http://bit.ly/b21Aco [...]