Best of 2009!!

Thu, Dec 31, 2009

Featured Articles

Today is New Years Eve, and before we get too deep into things, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2009 best of

Today I am busy recovering from the last month of cooking, baking, and entertaining.  While I spend the day with family and friends, and take down the Christmas Decorations, I will leave you with some of my favorite recipes from 2009 both here at Evil Shenanigans and across the interwebs!

Below is the best of Evil Shenanigans 2009!
This list is based on overall visits, page views, prints outs, and comments.

Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese

Cream Filling for Cupcakes

Bananas Foster Cream Pie

Butter Croissants

Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

Lime Bars

Tex-Mex Potato Cheese Soup

Onion, Apple and Bacon Tart

The following are some recipes from other bloggers that were, in my mind, excellent and worth checking out:

From Smitten Kitchen it is Jalapeno-Cheddar Scones - These look incredible and perfect for company.  Besides, I love all things Jalapeno-Cheddar!

From Technicolor Kitchen it is Chocolate Thumbprints - Lightly sweet cookies with a drop of chocolate bliss in the center?  Need I say more?

From Closet Cooking it is Butter Paneer Masala - I love Indian food, and making it at home is easy with excellent recipes like this one!

From Homesick Texan it is Tex-Mex Chicken and Dumplings – Cornmeal dumplings people.  They are fantastic!  Plus, she used the whole chicken.  I appreciate that in so many ways!

From She Simmers it is Thai Fried Sweet Potato Balls - Little fried puffs of awesomeness.  That is the best, and only, way I can describe this.

From Healthy-Delicious it is Seafood Cioppino with Saffron and Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce – There is a reason she won a free trip to the FoodBuzz Festival with this recipe!  So tasty!

From Recipe Girl it is Creamy Gruyere and Shrimp Pasta - Not only is it creamy and cheezy, but it won’t totally break the calorie bank either!  Only Lori at Recipe Girl could do that so well!

From Half Baked it is Honey Shortbread - Come on, it is short bread made that much better with the addition of honey.  Don’t pretend you would say no.

From Pots & Plots it is Baja Chicken Enchilada Soup – This is made super easy in the crock pot, and it is super yummy!

From Baking Delights it is Southern Banana Pudding Cheesecake - Wow … it is all the best flavors of banana pudding but in cheesecake form.  That makes it exceptional!

From My Kitchen Addiction it is Shredded Beef Tacos - Tender and flavorful, these are sure to impress your family and friends!

From Way More Homemade it is Hash Brown Casserole - Cheese, bacon and sour cream.  Add the word potato and you have what many consider the perfect dish!  Perfect for breakfast, or supper and easy to dress up if you like to tinker!

From Maangchi it is Bibimbap – I am having an affair with Korean food at the moment and this recipe is perfect!  Love the video, too!

From Two Peas and Their Pod it is Banana Cinnamon Chip Cake - This is a unique and tasty cake that, if you can find cinnamon chips, is sure to impress.

From Bread + Butter it is Herb Roasted Duck - Just look at it … I’ll wait.  I know, right?  Crispy duck skin.  Need I say more?

2009 was an exciting year for me and for the blog, and I want to take a moment to thank everyone who visits, comments, and supports me!  I am looking forward to 2010 and all the fun shenanigans we will get into!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Best of 2009!!”

1. Thanks for the mention. All looks so yummy!!!

2. Yum Yucky says:

It’s greedy-Evil! very much so. Now let me check out these other greedy-Evil creations you recommend.

3. RJ Flamingo says:

You’re making me start the New Year drooling! :-))

4. Happy New Year! Lots of great recipes from 2009… I can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with in 2010!! Thanks so much for mentioning my Shredded Beef Tacos… You’re too sweet! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

5. lk says:

Happy New Year, Kelly!! I have a feeling 2010 is gonna be a great one. :)

Thanks for the mention :)

6. Paula says:

Happy New Year!!! Thanks for including my recipe in your round-up:)

7. Elle says:

Oooh, you’re making mew hungry–everything looks fabulous! Happy New Year!

8. s. stockwell says:

You are always right up there with the best!! Thanks for all your great posts all year long. Happy New Year!

9. It’s been a good year on evil shenanigans, hasn’t it? Look how many great dishes you’ve shared with the world, Kelly! Your readers are really lucky.

I can testify how delicious that Banana Foster Cream Pie is! And that’s not the only thing on your blog which I have tried and loved.

And thanks for the shout-out! I’m flattered. Hehe. :)

10. marye says:

Happy New Year! Great round up.

11. Lisa says:

Wow! That’s quite a round-up and thank you for including my chicken and dumplings! I’m in good company. Here’s to more good eating in 2010. Happy new year!

12. Amanda says:

I feel like you are talking right to me with this list. I have made the filled cupcakes and the frosting, tex-mex potato soup, jalapeno bacon stuffed mushrooms all to high praise. And I came back this morning to try the bananas foster pie this week. I started the croissants since I was highly inspired but had to abort the mission for a couple of reasons and some doubts. Your site is my inspiration!

1. Tweets that mention Best of 2009!! | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog -- Topsy.com - January 1, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Evil Shenanigans, Evil Shenanigans. Evil Shenanigans said: Evil Shenanigans – Best of 2009!!! http://bit.ly/6xsICN [...]

2. uberVU - social comments - January 1, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by bakingblog: Evil Shenanigans – Best of 2009!!! http://bit.ly/6xsICN

3. The Best of 2010! | Evil Shenanigans - Baking & Cooking Blog - December 31, 2010

[...] another year ends I want to take a moment to think back on the year that was, and like last year share the most popular recipes on Evil Shenanigans from the past 12 [...]