The Best of 2010!

Fri, Dec 31, 2010

Featured Articles, Recipes

As another year ends I want to take a moment to think back on the year that was, and like last year share the most popular recipes on Evil Shenanigans from the past 12 months.

In January I participated in the Cake Off for a Cause in New York City, helping to raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research.   In August I attended  IFBC in Seattle and met a group of people I hope to call my friends for years to come (RUKE!).  I did a video for the BlogHer Food PityParty that exposed my – AHEM – personal side.  The end of the year saw me participating in  Project Food Blog and making it all the way, unbelievably, to Round 9.  I even signed a (small) book deal!  Needless to say, I am terribly excited to see what 2011 has to offer!  Thank you all for being a part of what was, and what will be!

So, here is the best of Evil Shenanigans for the year 2010 based on traffic!

Banana and Chocolate Mascarpone Crepes

Baked Potato Salad

Raspberry and Chocolate Ganache Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream

Chocolate Cream Filled Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Southern Banana Pudding

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

Black and White Cream Pie

Peanut Butter Cream Pie with Chocolate Whipped Cream

Of course a year-end round-up would not be complete with my favorite posts from around the food blog word!  Here they are, in no particular order …

My Kitchen Addiction – Asian Inspired Cucumber Salad

Homesick Texan – Chocolate chip pecan cookies…with bacon grease

Eat Live Travel Write – Anna Olson’s Sour Cream Apple Cake

Bell’alimento – Chocolate Nutella Molten Lava Cake

Closet Cooking – Reuben Quesadillas

RecipeGirl – Cinnamon Bunuelos

Brown Eyed Baker – Black Forest Cake

She Simmers – Thai Style Fried Chicken

Two Peas and Their Pod – Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites

Eating Rules! – Spicy Carrot and Cilantro Soup

© 2010 – 2011, Evil Shenanigans – Baking & Cooking Blog. All rights reserved.

33 Responses to “The Best of 2010!”

1. Happy New Year to you Kelly (#ruke!)

Hope our paths cross again soon!

xoxo

PS: thanks for including me!

2. Felice says:

I have only recently discovered your blog but I know I am going to enjoy reading (and baking!) my way through it. Happy New Year and wishing you all the very best for 2011.

3. Kori says:

Happy New Year!!! You’ve sure shared some amazing recipes! And now I just discovered your Southern Banana Pudding and your PB Cream Pie and am bookmarking those too…Yum! Cheers to 2011!

4. I can see why these made the top 10! they all look so amazing!

5. Every photo looks yummier than the next. That crepe, though…have a wonderful new year!

6. Eileen says:

Congrats on all your accomplishments in 2010! Best wishes in 2011! Love those top picks too…

7. You really know your stuff – I went through some of your recipes and you definitely know your food! Looking forward to seeing more of your food in 2011! Have a very happy new year!

8. I see a majority of chocolate so I must approve of your list!

9. Stephanie says:

A busy and productive year for you. Your photos are just beautiful!

10. maria says:

What a great year of food and fun! Happy New Year to you!

11. katie says:

I LOVE your site. You have such a beautiful execution of the food! Thanks for sharing all of the recipes and tips. Reading your site makes me want to go to culinary school! Thanks again!
    Happy 2011!

12. Kristen says:

I am drooling looking at all of your photos. Why have I never been here before?!

13. lena says:

what a great blog you have here..shall visit here more often..happy new year to you!!

14. Evan Thomas says:

I think I just got a sugar rush reading this. It all looks SO good!

15. Yay for your 2010! Looks like it was a delicious year!

16. Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing your favourite posts from other bloggers. Some new ones for me to check out! Happy New Year!

17. Cheryl says:

Can’t wait to see the fabulous foods you make for us in 2011! Happy New Year!

18. Claudia says:

What a lusciously sweet year you had! Happy New Year!

That raspberry cake has got to be my favorite. Maybe cause I saw it in real life. It was gorgeous. Happy New Year!

20. Everything looks excellent!! Thanks for the include on the cinnamon bunuelos. I’ll have to keep a running list this year of other blog faves so I’ll be prepared to share those next year! Happy New Year!

21. Congrats on a successful year!! Can’t wait for our paths to cross again soon!

Great list of posts from 2010… Thanks so much for including one of mine :)

22. Lori Lynn says:

Looks like it was a very sweet year indeed!
    Congratulations on your successes and best wishes for a happy healthy delicious 2011!
    LL

23. Fabulous list! I am so glad to have met you and your husband at IFBC in Seattle. I am SO looking forward to seeing you again in just a few weeks! :)

24. My resolution for this year is to develop my food photography skills which are now pretty much nil. Your photography is amazing. Do you mind my asking if you have any tips to share with me? what kind of camera and lens do you use? I have a good Dslr camera (canon) but my lenses and skills are better suited for outdoor pix of my kids and scenery. Food photography is just a whole new thing for me. Any tips or recommended reading? Thanks so much and have a great year. Hope you accomplish everything you set out to do!

25. Crustabakes says:

What a wonderful list. I am so looking forward to your 2011!

26. Clearly, the Pity Party video was genius. Looking forward to what you do for the 2011 Pity Party!

27. Happy New Year Kelly! What an incredible year you had! Looking forward to this year and meeting you in a few weeks! & Thank YOU for including my Nutella lava cakes xoxo

28. val says:

What an amazing year you have had!!! I heart your blog.

29. Wow, what a list! I think I’m going to have to make those crêpes for a cheat meal ASAP!

Thanks for including my Spicy Carrot & Cilantro Soup post – I’m honored to be among such tremendous company.

Happy new year to you and the hubby. Hope to see you kids again soon!

30. You have had a great year. I hope to see much more of you. Especially those dessert pictures! They save me a lot of calories… the desserts look so delicious that nothing else sounds good to eat!

31. Jess says:

Oh my gosh. I wanted to reach into each of these pictures and take a bite of each one! 2010 must have been an awesome year for you!!
    Jess : )

1. Tweets that mention The Best of Evil Shenanigans 2010!! -- Topsy.com - December 31, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by sippitysup. sippitysup said: RT @eatlivtravwrite: RT @bakingblog: The Best of Evil Shenanigans 2010!! http://bit.ly/g84p0x […]

2. Top 10 Recipes of 2010 | recipegirl.com - December 31, 2010

[…] Jonesing For Simple Bites Love & Olive Oil Family Bites Multiply Delicious Celiac Teen Evil Shenanigans The Little Kitchen // Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed […]